Monday, November 17, 2008

Afghanistan - the worlds largest/dangerous landfill

Well I've finally made it to Afghanistan. I've been here for 5-6 days now. We arrived last thursday night and on friday went right into more power point. Anyhow, my team that I've trained with for the last two and a half months got split up. I did still retain 4 other guys and we got put with another team. We have all fit into the team fairly quickly and have started missions. We're working with the Afghan National Army. This is very different and interesting because I'm learning much about their culture at the same time. The country itself, is a giant landfill. There are destroyed Russian tanks and garbage everywhere. Soon, my team and I will be moving to a different part of Afghanistan to an area where I'll be for probably the rest of the time here. This could very well be my last post here because from the sounds of things, they don't have internet where i'm going. With that in mind, please continue to pray for my group when you think of us. Well, sorry to keep this so short but I'm writing from a public computer and there is a time limit and a line of people waiting their turn for the computer. That's all folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home